Ten Awesome Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Kitchen Tips and Tricks – Here Y’all go!
Who doesn’t want to save time and money in the kitchen? All of us!
Even if you love cooking, like I do, you welcome ways to save time and make things easier where ever you can. So today I bring you more fun kitchen tips and tricks that are great for the everyday home cook. Some of these tricks may have you asking, “Why didn’t I know that?”
1. Save vegetable scraps to make broth. Freeze carrot and celery ends, fennel pieces, potato peels, and other vegetable scraps in a resealable plastic bag. When you have a full bag, make vegetable stock.
2. Fruit will ripen faster, if you place it in a brown paper bag with an unpeeled banana after a day or two. I use this with avocados all of the time!
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with them.
4. Need to perfectly slice a cake into layers? Use unscented dental floss to cut through food.
5. Have you ever had a dish that is starting to burn on top before it’s done baking? Lay a piece of aluminum foil on top and continue baking.
6. Create homemade chicken broth for FREE. After roasting a chicken, place the chicken bones in the crock-pot and cover with water. You can add leftover vegetable scraps from #4 too. Turn on low overnight and in the morning you’ll have homemade chicken bone broth.
7. Did you over salt a pot of stew or soup? Add a peeled potato it the pot. It will absorb the excess salt.
8. To prevent boiling water from boiling over, place a wooden spoon across the top of the pot. See, the spoon will absorb some of the moisture and it pops many of the bubbles when they come into contact with it.
9. Do your hard boiled eggs crack while cooking? Easy fix, to prevent egg shells from cracking while boiling, add a pinch of salt to the water.
10. Don’t throw away the rind from the Parmesan cheese. Add it to soups and stews for a burst of flavor.